Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism
Report internet content promoting terrorism, extremism or violence – your report will be treated anonymously.
Some examples of illegal terrorist or extremist content include:
- Speeches or essays calling for racial or religious violence.
- Videos of violence with messages of ‘glorification’ or praise for terrorists.
- Postings inciting people to commit acts of terrorism or violent extremism.
- Messages intended to stir up hatred against any religious or ethnic group.
- Bomb-making instructions.
Specialist officers will assess the information, and where appropriate investigate the website or work with partners to remove it.
If you come across terrorist or violent extremist content online that you think might be illegal, let the police know. All reports are anonymous, and should only take a few minutes to complete. All you need is the web address (also called the ‘URL’) of the website.
In an emergency, you should always call 999.
You can also call the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline 0800 789 321.