We aim to provide an excellent education for all our students; an education which brings out the best in all of them and prepares them for success in life. As part of the Saint Teresa Of Calcutta Multi Academy Trust, our ambition for our students is simple; ‘Make Christ known: making lives better.’ It is our aim to provide a knowledge-rich, well-sequenced curriculum which is robust, functional and purposeful. We aim to ensure that all students have equity of experience and that all students have the opportunity to access the curriculum.
Quality learning experiences at St Monica’s will ensure that all students leave equipped to fulfil our Catholic mission with a sense of respect, responsibility and resilience which prepares them for future life. The depth and breadth of knowledge and skills gained, inside the classroom and beyond, means they become Catholics of character – people who can put the needs of others before themselves. Our curriculum is carefully sequenced so that all students learn things at an appropriate time. They are able to know more and remember more. They are able to explore contemporary and traditional concepts in an appropriate way, preparing them fully for life beyond school. Through our knowledge-rich curriculum, all students will see the value in all they learn, placing value on all they do now and throughout their lives.
We aim to create:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make good progress and have high aspirations.
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilled lives
- Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to their local community and society at large.
We aim to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum in line with relevant legislation and guidance:
- Key stage 3 and 4 National Curriculum requirements as set out in section 85 of the Education Act (2002)
- Education Act (1997)
- Education and Skills Act (2008)
- Equality Act (2010)