St Monica’s has a school council based on two groups:
The Year Council is made up of two representatives from each form in the year. They meet with the Head of Year on a termly basis.
The Whole School council is made up of two representatives form each year group as well as the gold ties. They meeting with Mrs Walker each term.
Over the last two years the School council has made a significant contribution to the life of the school. Due to their ideas and feedback we have:
- Introduced drop in sessions for Connexions and counselling appointments at lunchtime that pupils can access independently
- Changed the school journals.
- Added more E safety advice on the school website, including direct links to CEOP.
- Increased the number of rewards at school for pupils.
- Introduced new foods in the canteen.
- Helped to shape the anti-bullying policy.
- Put posters up in the local area to encourage people to pick up their litter.
As well as termly meetings, there is a school council noticeboard and a suggestions box outside Mrs Walker’s office. If anyone has any good ideas, they can post it in the box and Mrs Walker will look into it.